Updated 22.03.2017 : 3:21 AM UTC Time
Currently confirmed airlines that will no longer allow the passenger to use and carry on electronic devices on board:
- Emirates Airline
- Etihad Airways
- Kuwait Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Air Maroc
- Royal Jordanian Airlines
- Saudi Arabian Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
The United Kingdom also included flights with British Airways and all other carries flying from the airports listed.
This ban is only in place for flights to the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom including all connecting flights. For example you fly from Bangkok via Dubai to New York. Than you are not allowed to have the electronic device in your hand luggage on the flight from Dubai to New York.
- Mohammed V International, Casablanca, Morocco
- Ataturk Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
- Cairo International Airport, Egypt
- Queen Alia International, Amman, Jordan
- King Abdulaziz International, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- King Khalid International, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Kuwait International Airport
- Hamad International, Doha, Qatar
- Abu Dhabi International, United Arab Emirates
- Dubai International, United Arab Emirates
Smartphones will still be allowed. But passengers will have to check in any electronic devices bigger than that. That includes laptops, cameras, gaming devices and tablets such as iPads.
Medical devices required during the flight will still be allowed in the cabin after security screening.